Dr. Giselle Ghurani
Advanced Cosmetic Gynecologist
Meet Dr. Giselle Ghurani
For nearly two decades, Dr. Ghurani has transformed the lives of many women in South Florida and from all over the nation who seek her skill and experience in cosmetic surgery.
Having received her medical degree from the University of Miami, Ghurani excelled in her career and became an expert in advanced gynecologic surgery through specialized training, particularly with Dr. Red Alinsod, a prestigious surgeon and pioneer in cosmetic vaginal surgery based in California.
Dr. Ghurani has spent the vast majority of her career in private practice. She also worked in academics as an assistant professor at the University of Miami where she received numerous awards for her teaching skills and outstanding publications. Ghurani is presently the only female cosmetic gynecologic surgeon in Miami. She also received specialized training in hormone replacement therapy and cosmetic gynecology, which helped her develop an exceptional approach to women’s health and wellness.
Dr. Giselle Ghurani is praised by her patients for her genuine care and kindness. She is dedicated to improving the lives of women with specific cosmetic needs through her practice and research endeavors. As one of the few surgeons in her field nationwide and worldwide, the accomplished doctor takes her responsibility to the next level. Her commitment to improved patient care and resourceful approach to surgery incorporates up-to-date and minimally invasive techniques that yield maximum results.
Dr. Giselle Ghurani Education:
Bachelor of Arts
- Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia (1987 -1991)
Bachelors of Arts
- Georgetown University, Washington, DC (1991 – 1992)
Masters of Science
- University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida (1992 – 1996)
Doctor Of Medicine
- University of Miami School of Medicine / Jackson Memorial Medical Center, Miami, Florida (1997 – 2000)
Residency in Obstetrics & Gynecology
- University of Miami School of Medicine/Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, Miami, Florida (2000-2003)
Fellowship in Gynecologic Oncology
Dr. Giselle Ghurani Certifications
- Board certified by the American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology (2006)
Awards and Academic Honors:
- Annual William A. Little Society Meeting (2003)
- Seventeenth Annual John Ford Award (2000)
- William A. Little Society University of Miami Alumni Ortho Award (1999 – 2000)
- George Paff Award for Excellence in Teaching (1999)
- ASCCP Top Resident in Colposcopy & Lower Genital Tract Disease Award (1999)
- Berlex Best Teaching Resident of the Year Award (1998)
- Joseph A. Decenzo, M.D. AwardBest Performance by Graduating Medical Student (1996)
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society (1996)