Dr. Rami Ghurani, MD
Meet Dr. Ghurani
Dr. Rami Ghurani became interested in the career of Plastic Surgery during his training at the School of Dentistry at Case Western Reserve University. During that time he had the opportunity to treat patients with multiple facial deformities firsthand through the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. This caused that Dr. Ghurani with his dental experience would like to complete his surgical training in the field of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (OMFS), and that is how he obtained his medical degree at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Miami. Dr. Ghurani opened his eyes to the exciting world of plastic and reconstructive surgery.
After completing his OMFS training, Dr. Ghurani began his journey to pass the proper training and certification in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He completed the training in General Surgery and then enrolled in the Plastic Surgery Residency Program of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of South Florida under the direction of David J. Smith Jr. Before beginning residency in plastic surgery in The USF, had the opportunity to spend a year of scholarship with Dr. S. Wolfe, world-renowned Plastic Surgeon, who specializes in facial Skull Surgery.
After completing his training, he stayed at the medical school of the USF, where he performed complete plastic surgery. Due to the association between USF and Moffit Cancer Center, I accumulate a vast experience in reconstructive breast surgery, among other oncological reconstructions. The great experience he acquired, place him in an advantageous position, in addition to having developed unique and very necessary skills to perform aesthetic surgery of the face and body.
Dr. Ghurani is aware that improving a person's appearance can raise their self-esteem and confidence, and feels privileged to be able to participate in this transformation. He is a doctor who develops all kinds of aesthetic and reconstructive plastic surgery procedures, including invasive and non-invasive facial and body rejuvenation.
Dr. Ghurani's Medical Education:
- Completed Medical Degree MD, at University of Miami, May 2000
- Post-medical school training Residencies in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital, 2000-2002.
- General Surgery Residency at University of Miami, 2002-2003/2004-2005.
- Fellowship: Miami Children's Hospital, with S. Anthony Wolfe, MD. 2003-2004
- Plastic Surgery, University of South Florida. 2005-2008
Dr Ghurani Specialties
Doctor Ghurani welcomes all patients to take a look at his work by visiting the gallery or to sign up for a confidential consultation that will give them all the answers to the questions that they might have.
Brazilian Butt Lift Before & After Photos By Dr Ghurani
Tummy Tuck Before & After Photos By Dr Ghurani
Liposuction Before & After Photos By Dr Ghurani
Certifications & Licensure:
American Board of Plastic Surgery
American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
FL State Medical License. Active through 2018
Specialties and Procedures Perfomed by Dr Ghurani
- Tummy tuck (Abdominoplasty)
- Breast Surgery (Breast Implants, Breast Lift, Breast augmentation, Breast Reduction)
- Fat Grafting
- Cosmetic and reconstructive surgery (face and body)
- Brazilian Butt Lift
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
- American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Florida Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Awards and Academic Honors
- Administrative Chief Resident Plastic Surgery 2006-2008
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Faculty Award June 2002
- Outstanding Medical Management. Administrative Chief Resident OMFS 2001-2002
- Realself Top Doctor
In your consultation, Dr. Ghurani will listen to your concerns and expectations and develop a complete aesthetic package designed especially for you.