Female Hair Loss Miami
Hair loss for no apparent reason can be terrifying and devastating for the sufferer’s self-steem and emotional stability. Everyone loses hair, about fifty to a hundred hairs daily. Your hair goes through cycles and there is always a new one to replace it. However, losing too much hair should be a cause of concern.
Female hair loss Miami can be stopped or treated. There are treatments available to help your hair grow back again in a healthy way. Female hair loss Miami will develop gradually and you lose more as you age.
Both men and women’s hair will lose thickness as they age. Besides age, it can also be caused by heredity and hormone imbalance. But there are other causes as well.
What causes hair loss in women?
The reasons for female hair loss Miami can be many and there are ways to treat them. It may be hereditary or perhaps a medical condition:
- Heredity: It’s in your genes and it’ll show up sooner or later. Although it generally occurs in your 50s or 60s, it can happen at any time, even during teenagehood.
- Stress: Whether physical or emotional, stress can be the reason why one-half to three-quarters of scalp hair is shed. This condition is called telogen effluvium and it can become chronic. Some reasons why women hair loss occurs can be childbirth, infection and fever, emotional stress, major illness or surgery, excessive diet especially the ones with no protein, and drugs such as birth control pills, antidepressants, etc.
Other reasons for hair loss and thinning hair in women include:
- Alopecia areata
- Too much blow-drying or shampooing
- Hormone imbalance
- Radiation therapy
- Ovary tumors
- Hair styles with too much tension on hair follicles
Learning about female pattern baldness
Female pattern baldness generally occurs when hair shrinks over time. Hair follicles shrink make making hair finer and shorter. The follicle stops growing hair but it’s alive so there might still be a chance to grow new hair again. Female pattern baldness is generally caused by aging, variations in the levels of androgens (like during menopause), and family history of this condition.
Some symptoms involved with this condition include:
- Hair thinning mostly on top and crown of scalp.
- Front hairline generally stays normal excluding normal recession, a natural process occurring with aging.
- Hair loss won’t progress into total baldness like it happens in men.
Female hair loss treatment
There are amazing techniques currently being used in most clinics to effectively treat hair loss. At Jolie Plastic Surgery we use the FUE technique for hair restoration Miami with the NeoGraft device, which consists of transplanting hair as natural individual follicular units into the targeted or recipient area. This procedure is performed with local anesthetic and normal hair care can typically be resumed within a week. The results can be visible in about three months and pick by the ninth month. A skilled doctor trained with the NeoGraft machine should perform this procedure. Another device called ARTAS is also employed in some clinics and it also yields optimal results.
There is also a technique called FUG (follicles unit grafting) performed in some clinics, which is also a strip procedure that doesn’t require shaving the back and sides during the procedure. In those cases patients wear long hair styles; this can be a good option.
Jolie Plastic Surgery also offers FUT, which also consists of removing hair from the donor area in a strip and insert it into the recipient area or bald area of your head. The main difference between FUT and FUE is that FUT removes an actual strip of follicular units whereas FUE removes them directly from the donor site.
Several hair loss products for women and medications FDA approved to treat hair loss are also available. The effectiveness of these treatments can vary from person to person. Some of these treatments include:
- Minoxidil 2% Topical Treatment
- Aldactone / Spironolactone
- Tagamet / Cimetidine
- Oral Contraceptives
- Cyproterone Acetate with Ethinyloestradiol
You should ask your doctor before taking any of these medications. Contact a hair loss specialist Miami if you are suffering from hair loss and it persists over time, especially if you notice irritation, itching skin, and other unusual symptoms.