Miami Hair Transplant Process: How we Handle It
Hair transplant, when done right, can provide a lifetime of self-confidence. The Miami hair transplant process at Jolie Plastic Surgery is simple. Hair transplantation with the NeoGraft system will restore hair lost in only a few hours. This system delivers excellent results with the FUE technique, which is currently the most advanced technique in the hair transplant industry. NeoGraft makes the Miami hair transplant process easy and affordable. This method provides the best harvesting and placement approach. Each follicle is detached separately while the patient sits comfortably. There is little to no discomfort, no scalpel incision, and no staples. As being the less invasive Miami hair transplant process, you will arrive at the clinic and go home on the same day.
Consultation with a hair loss specialist Miami
When you visit our clinic, your surgeon will explain in details how the transplant procedure works and answer any questions or concerns you may have. He will carefully examine your familyâ€™s hair loss patterns before offering an accurate evaluation on whether or not you are an ideal candidate for this procedure.
We will review your expectations and possibilities of meeting your hair restoration goals. An estimate of the grafts required to complete the transplant and an average time for the procedure will be provided. The timeframe of this procedure is determined by a few factors such as the quality of your hair, your age, etc. You will also have an estimate of how much everything will cost.
Hair loss evaluation and Diagnosis
Jolie Plastic Surgery has an all-inclusive approach for your hair loss evaluation and treatment. With the most advanced scientific techniques, we can find out the hair loss cause and the most efficient treatment approach. We treat patients with different causes of hair loss and scalp disorders.
First, we obtain the patientâ€™s medical history with a detailed examination using the best tools available in this field. If required, there will also be blood testing to find out about any deficiencies or imbalances that may be causing the hair loss condition. Some tests will be performed, which will include:
- Microscopic exam of bulbs and hair shafts: Throughout this exam we screen for any abnormalities, which include twisting of the shaft, bubbles in the central cortex, or any other uncommon features. The attachment of hair shaft to scalp is also observed.
- Hair density: This test will help us find out about the amount of hairs present per sq. cm on the scalp. A small area of the scalp is trimmed about 1mm in length.
- Measuring hair mass: This method is one of the most accurate available today. It can detect the slightest change in the amount of hairs and their caliber. It can also be used to predict baldness years before it starts showing up. The methods will take about 10 minutes and hair cutting is not needed.
- Norwood classification: This is a series of pictures called Norwood classification where the process of pattern balding is shown in stages. This classification is used to assess patients.
- Ludwig classification: This is the classification of the three progressive stages of hair loss in women also employed during the evaluation.
- Videomicrospy: Hairs of all lengths can be seen by video microscopic visualization. This helps identify pattern hair loss.
- Scalp biopsy: Some cases may require it, especially on patients suffering scarring alopecia.
Choosing the best hair transplant procedure for you
Todaysâ€™ new technologies have made the hair transplantation procedure easier than ever. Figuring out the best technique for you itâ€™s not that hard as there are not many out there. There is the FUE (follicular unit extraction), FUG (follicular unit grafting, or strip), and an older technique called FUT (Follicular unit transplant), which is also offered at Jolie Plastic Surgery. These techniques have benefits and downsides. FUE is becoming very popular these days as it avoids linear donor site incision scar. Jolie Plastic Surgery promotes this technique since it provides more advantages for patients. The FUG technique will required the back and side of the head to be shaved and it also tends to be more costly due to the amount of time employed during this procedure. Just remember that all these techniques need to be done correctly by a professional in order to yield maximum results and create a natural look.
Performing the Miami hair transplant
NeoGraft as the most advanced hair transplant technique helping with the harvesting of follicles during FUE hair transplant. This method is faster than manual methods used before. There is no twisting or pulling that may damage the graft thanks to NeoGraft controlled pneumatic pressure, which helps suction the graft easily.
The follicles are taken from the hair in the back of the head, which continues to grow naturally. Follicles are living tissues growing cyclically. Once follicles have been implanted in the balding area, the hair will remain for about 2-3 weeks and then comes the shedding. After that shedding, the new growth should start in about three to four months and the hair will finally grow normally.